Van Olmen & Wynant is an independent law firm offering quality services with a personal touch and a double-niche focus on employment and corporate law. The firm serves large and medium corporations and regularly acts for top executives. Van Olmen & Wynant covers the full spectrum of employment law:
- Individual Employment Law, including employment agreements, service agreements, individual dismissals, self-employment and discrimination.
- Collective Labour Law, including company restructuring, transfer of businesses, collective dismissals, outsourcing, collective bargaining agreements and complex employment issues connected with M&A.
- Internal Policies and Codes of Conduct
- Compensation and Benefits, including executive remuneration and benefits and international compensations schemes.
- Social Security
- International Employment, including expatriation and secondments.
- EU Employment Law
The firm has a substantial litigation practice in these areas, before all Belgian labour courts. Acting for the three largest public companies in Belgium, it has developed a specific expertise in civil servants law and litigation before the Belgian administrative courts, including the Raad van State / Conseil d’Etat.
Van Olmen & Wynant and its founding partners have been recognised by Chambers and Partners, Who’s Who Legal, Best Lawyers and The Legal 500.
What they say
An exceptional law firm in terms of business orientation. It is solution oriented with great communication skills and it is very responsive. Department head Chris Van Olmen has an excellent reputation for his longstanding expertise in employment law. Key names in the group include Nicolas Simon, the ‘very approachable’ Vincent Vuylsteke, and associates Thomas De Jongh (‘friendly, smart and calm under pressure’) and Gautier Busschaert.
– The Legal 500