The regional 2022-2024 agreement for Moscow provides for a wide range of obligations for employers. In particular, employers must:
- provide funding for measures to improve working conditions and labour protection in the organisation. The annual amount of allocated funds per each employee must not be lower than the minimum wage in Moscow;
- provide employees undergoing vaccination (revaccination) against Covid-19 with two paid days off;
- pay a one-time compensation in excess of that provided for by federal legislation, to the family of an employee who died due to a workplace accident (the amount is at least 50 times the minimum wage). The basis for the payment is an application from family members;
- inform Moscow social protection authorities on employment of pensioners, no later than 5 working days from date of hire;
- do not dismiss within 1-year, members of same family for redundancy reasons;
- take measures to organize hot meals for employees, including dietary nutritional needs if there are medical indications, etc.
The agreement applies to all Moscow employers who have not submitted a reasoned written refusal to join the agreement by 9 February 2022. Click here to download the relevant documents.
Key Action Points for Human Resources and In-house Counsel
Read the agreement and consider whether you are ready to comply with its requirements. You may refuse to join the agreement fully or in-part, by submitting a motivated refusal by 9 February 2022.