It is a constant challenge for an EMEA HR team to know how to handle the common incidents of employment across multiple jurisdictions. Following last year’s successful panel session with L&E Global on restructuring projects, we will turn to more optimistic territory, covering key tips and tricks on handling ER issues across key EMEA jurisdictions France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland and the UAE and in particular:
- Restrictive covenant issues on hiring
- Conditional offers/background checking
- Mobility issues
- Labour law liberalisation in France
- Performance management and termination – the legal and cultural aspects
- Return from maternity leave and other maternity-related issues
- Practical tips on dealing with works councils
- Risk of criminal sanctions for executives
- Future gazing – what’s on the horizon?
Clyde & Co and L&E Global work in close co-operation to cover employment issues across all the major jurisdictions across EMEA and globally. The seminar will be structured round a case study in which Nick Dent from Clyde’s London will reprise his role as a UK-based HR Director for EMEA, asking questions of a panel consisting of partners from L&E Global in Germany, France, Italy and Switzerland, as well as Rebecca Ford from Clyde’s Dubai office. There will be plenty of time for audience questions.
The materials produced for attendees will also cover a number of other key jurisdictions across EMEA.
Please contact email@example.com to register your interest.
Date: 26 Feb 2014
Duration: 2 hours