1075 BA, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Marcus Draaisma specialises in employment law and insolvency law. He assists both large and small organisations in trade and industry and in the non-profit sector, as well as directors and professionals in dismissal proceedings and contract negotiations. Marcus operates in a wide area, including the financial, logistics, media and advertising, and construction sectors.
- University of Amsterdam (Master in civil law)
- University of Exeter
- University of Nijmegen, Grotius insolvency law (1996) and employment law (2005)
- Admitted to the Netherlands National Bar Association and the Amsterdam Bar Association.
- Memberships of Employment lawyer associations of Amsterdam (“VAAA”) and the Netherlands (“VAAN”).
- Marcus Draaisma is also member of the NVP (the Dutch equivalent of the English CIPD).
Before co-founding Palthe Oberman Marcus Draaisma worked for different commercial law firms in Amsterdam. Besides specializing in employment law, he often acted as a trustee in large and small bankruptcies.
Marcus Draaisma had a regular column in the magazine Management Team between 2003-2009 and contributed to various P&O journals and daily papers, writing about employment law matters in the broadest sense. Furthermore he wrote a booklet about pre-employment screening (co-author).
Marcus Draaisma regularly lectures for the HR practice and for young lawyers (OSR).
Marcus Draaisma was chairman of the Commission for Recruitment Code of the NVP.
He is also editor of the Dutch Code of professional conduct (HR code) of the NVP.