D-10117 Berlin, Germany
Dr. Kara Preedy, LL.M., Lic.dr. focuses on the representation of national and international companies on all matters concerning national, international and European labour law.
Ms. Preedy provides clients with advice regarding company acquisitions and restructurings. Furthermore, she possesses particular expertise in designing and implementing compensation systems as well as employment and service agreements. She is also specialized in works council matters. In addition, she advises executives on all aspects of employment law.
- University of Giessen (First Legal State Exam, 1995; PhD, 2003)
- European University Institute (Florence) (LL.M., 1999)
- Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt (Second State Exam, 1998)
- University of Rennes (France) (Lic. dr., 1992)
- Admitted to the German Bar Association
Ms. Preedy was a research assistant at the J.W. Goethe University Frankfurt/Main and at the European University Institute in Florence, Italy. Before joining Pusch Wahlig Legal as a partner in 2009, she worked for Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP as well as for a German law firm setting up their employment law practice.
Ms. Preedy regularly publishes and is frequently interviewed by national newspapers and on the radio. Some of her publications include:
- Trust your local dealer?, Legal Tribune Online, 07/2015 | Article at lto.de (German)
- Essay: Landestypische Eigenheiten, HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER 08-09/2012, S. 93ff. | Article at pwlegal.net (German)
- Internationale Arbeitsrechtsberater finden – Personalarbeit über Grenzen hinweg, Arbeit und Arbeitsrecht 06/2012, S. 328 ff. |Article at pwlegal.net (German)
- Bonus Payments May be Reduced Retroactively Only with Great Difficulty, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, 26th March 2009 | Article at fazjob.net (German)
- Fundamental Direct Effect of the European Fundamental Freedoms, doctoral thesis, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 2005 | Available at amazon.de (German)
Ms. Preedy is a lecturer at the Europa College in Hamburg, the Quadriga Academy in Berlin and the Management Circle AG. She regularly holds lectures and seminars in Germany and abroad on issues of German and European employment law.