We are delighted to inform you that Harmers, L&E Global Australia partner, was again recognized as the best specialized firm in our field by winning, for 7th year, the “Employment Specialist Law Firm of the Year” award at the ALB Australasian Law Awards at Sydney Town Hall on Thursday, 30 May 2013.
The ALB Australasian Law Awards are peer nominated from a wide range of practitioners in the Australian and New Zealand jurisdictions. This year, the judging panel was comprised of senior in-house counsel from Australian and multinational corporations and legal practitioners from Australia’s top law firms. They determined Harmers Workplace Lawyers as the winner in the employment law category based on set criteria and the work completed by the firm over the last calendar year.
Karen Jones, Senior Associate and Team Leader, accepted the award on behalf of the firm and expressed gratitude to the ALB, the award sponsors, Harmers’ staff and our clients. As acknowledged by Karen when accepting the award, it’s a privilege to undertake the work we do, and to get an award for it as well is the “icing on the cake.”
Some of the firm’s recent successes that contributed to the win, include:
- Harmers continued to be recognised as a leader in employment and industrial law with one of the most prominent brands for running innovative landmark cases in discrimination, harassment and industrial relations law;
- the firm represented a large number of blue chip corporates in 2012/13 in a range of complex employment, workplace safety and industrial law matters (including potential joint ventures; high profile restraint of trade litigation; workplace fatalities; and corporate restructures) as well as more general employment law advice and workplace training;
- as the Australian member firm for L&E Global (the international alliance of premier labour and employment law firms representing employers in North America, Latin America, Europe and the Asia Pacific Region), Harmers now leverages a network of some 300 partners and 1050+ lawyers providing one point of contact, with one billing rate range for multi-jurisdictional cases across borders, across the world. L&E Global was awarded “Legal Industry Pioneer” in the Financial Times Innovative Lawyer Award 2012;
- Harmers won “Best Firm in Sydney for Women in Business Law” in the 2012 Australasian Women in Business Law Awards; the 2012 ALBert award for “Diversity” and “Environmental Sustainability”; and a global award for the “2012 Industrial Law Firm of the Year – Australia”;
- Chairman Michael Harmer was also ranked in the ALB 2012 HOT 40 (the ALB’s annual showcase of Australian and NZ top private practice lawyers); and
- Harmers continued to operate as a leading Australian employer, contributing to the pursuit of justice and equality in Australia and overseas through charitable pursuits. On average, between 20-30% of the firm’s profit over its first sixteen (16) years of operation has been invested in social justice causes, including the promotion of community centres, schools, children’s homes, medical and famine relief and the promotion of human rights in Africa and indigenous Australia.
Harmers Workplace Lawyers would like to take this opportunity to thank you, our valued clients, for your ongoing support and custom.
For further information on Harmers’ awards, please click here.